Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz: Building Exceptional Vehicles… and Careers!
The best chapters in Alabama’s automotive success story are yet to come. The Mercedes-Benz automobile of the future will be different; greener, more efficient, safer, and even more fascinating. Only one thing will never change – It will wear a star.
MBUSI is home to the GLE, GLE Coupe, and GLS Sport Utility Vehicles and the C-Class for the North American market. Our facility is one of the most advanced automotive manufacturing facilities in the world, with over 6 million square feet under one roof. The plant, located in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, is positioned in an area of natural beauty and abundant natural resources.
MBUSI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health and life insurance, 401(k) and retirement, on-site child development and wellness facilities. MBUSI is committed to excellence and actively promotes teamwork, safety, quality, and continuous improvement within its ranks. Our Team Members share a common goal to always be the best premium auto manufacturer in North America.
Mercedes-Benz, U.S. International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. follows all local, state and federal laws in all aspects of business.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for any open positions.
Purpose of the Position:
Under general supervision, this position maintains the Transfer Price Program at Mercedes Benz U.S. International to ensure the calculated Target Profit for the full year is achieved and accurate. Additionally, this position is responsible for profitability reporting of actuals and forecast, as well as material cost forecasting.
Essential Functions: (List all basic responsibilities related to the purpose of the position)
- Calculate and maintain transfer prices prior to each new year (and throughout the year as needed)
- Prepare monthly financial profit forecast and identify potential actions as necessary
- Ensure timely adoption of base/option prices calculated by FMP (a German department?)
- Identify and reconcile material price discrepancies between base model/option prices and actual cost of sales
- Review the PPV (?) and Revaluation general ledger accounts for large variances and take necessary actions
- Identify monthly operating expense variances and provide analysis/explanations as needed
- Recommend necessary price adjustments or one time invoice/credit as required
- Coordinate year end costing/transfer pricing timeline with necessary departments
Month End Closing Responsibilities
- Perform all CO-PA (controlling profitability analysis) activities (reconcile volume, settle sales orders, perform
CO-PA cycles, and top-down distributions for PER (?) reporting)
- Reconcile monthly actual profit vs. forecast
- Prepare and present the finished vehicle profit analysis for the monthly closing meeting
- Maintain/update CO-PA cycles within the financial SAP system as needed
- Maintain/update new base models within CO-PA
- Prepare the monthly PER report
- Calculate and prepare forecasted PER reports during planning periods
- Calculate material cost forecasting during planning periods
- Assist as needed with year-end inventory responsibilities
- Maintain Sarbanes Oxley Documentation regarding Transfer Pricing
- Perform the internal control testing over transfer prices
- Report profit variances and actions needed to necessary individuals each month (tax, transfer pricing, costing
- Document and maintain work instructions for transfer pricing, forecasting/planning activities, CO-PA, and month
end closing activities
- Monitor billing/sales order errors for missing costing and take necessary actions
- Support the relevant Finance systems as a Level 1 IT key user. Responsibilities include monitoring and correcting
errors in cbFC (internal xxxx sytem), entering tickets for errors that cannot be resolved as a Level 1, monitoring
topics for resolution and testing proposed solutions
QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Experience and Necessary Skills all must be met in order to qualify for position.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business or related field and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of 3 years of experience in product costing or related field
Necessary Skills, Certifications, etc.:
Strong IT skills with manufacturing ERP software packages
High level of expertise in Excel (including pivot tables and linking worksheets)
Proven ability to meet close and project deadlines
Working Knowledge of financial measures such as contribution margin and yield
Working knowledge of sales and cost variance analysis
CPA and/or CMA
Working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase
Working knowledge of SAP
Working knowledge of Access