car2go Group GmbH
Our passionate team designs and develops car2go's customer backend and internal frontend solutions. We handle everything to do with customer data - protecting it, enabling members and car2go employees to manage it, and preventing and detecting abuse of our systems. We do this for over 3 million members and over 800 of our fellow car2go colleagues across Europe and North America.
- You will build, maintain and monitor the backend and business application tool for the car2go customer ecosystem
- You will bring your own ideas and expertise in mobility, data privacy, microservice environments, enterprise systems or other related areas to solve our team's challenges and have real world impact on our customers' experiences
- You will work with other software engineers in a self-organized scrum team and closely collaborate with other car2go development teams
- You will design, develop and support our backend services and respective APIs
- You will use your individual innovation time to research new technologies and gain knowledge that will help improve our products
- You will take operational responsibility for the services owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- You will occasionally (once every month or two) travel to meet with car2go development teams which are located in other cities
- You are a stickler for details and you write well-tested, modular, and documented code
- You have professional experience with backend development (we're looking for candidates with a range of experience levels)
- You're a team player who is self-motivated to make a difference for the lives of the people who you build software for
- You have interest or experience working with our tech stack:
We develop in Node.js and (sometimes) Java
We store our data in PostgreSQL and MongoDB
Messaging is handled by RabbitMQ
We monitor with DataDog, NewRelic and Kibana
Our frontends are built using Angular and VueJS
Docker and Kubernetes run what we build
We host in AWS, BlueMix and SoftLayer
- You've designed, built and monitored RESTful APIs and microservices before
- You have good skills in test-driven and behavior-driven development
- You have experience or knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- You have good spoken and written English skills
- You are always looking for ways to improve yourself, your team and your team's workflow
This is a full-time job (also suitable for part-time)
car2go is the worldwide leading mobility concept in the free-floating carsharing sector. Our service is used by more than three million customers at numerous locations in Europe, North America and Asia. With a team of more than 500 employees from all over the world with an array of backgrounds and expertise, its no surprise that car2go is the worlds leading carsharing provider. We are all absolutely passionate about what we do, driven by new ideas and a strong commitment to service. As a young company and a subsidiary of Daimler AG, we are proud to play a central role in shaping the future of mobility since 2008.
- Working autonomously in an agile and creative environment where every idea matters
- Internal and external development possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Unique Mobility Allowance for your car2go experience
- Company pension, flexible working hours and 30 days paid vacation days per year
- Hot and cold drinks, snacks and fresh fruits to keep your energy levels up
- Informal atmosphere, Welcome Days and our global team meetings 'Townhall' as essentials of the car2go culture
Please apply online only and attach your CV, enter your cover letter in the field of motivation of the online form and attach all employers reference certificates (all attachments in total may not exceed 6 MB).
You are welcome to submit your application in English or German.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled persons.
For questions, please don't hesitate to contact the HR Team of car2go: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vertreten durch den Vorstand: Dieter Zetsche (Vorsitzender), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Manfred Bischoff
Handelsregister beim Amtsgericht Stuttgart, Nr. HRB 19360
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 81 25 26 315