car2go N.A. LLC
car2go began as a radical idea at Daimler, the company that invented the automobile and operates Mercedes-Benz. Today, we are the world’s largest, fastest-growing carsharing service, helping our members in North America, Europe, and China get to where they want go through instant, affordable mobility. With a fearless attitude and a focus on member happiness, we helped create the sharing economy by disrupting the status quo. We may have well over two million members, but we still exude the scrappy, passionate attitude that got us here.
The best work happens when smart people rally around a common purpose. At car2go, we’re shaping the future of mobility, and we do that as a team. We help each other out. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. We know that the best ideas can come from anywhere. And we believe great cultures start with great people who trust one another to do great work.
The General Manager is responsible for the development and growth of the car2go business in their respective city. They directly oversee local business development, stakeholder relations and negotiations and parking management. They will directly manage one employee, the Location Specialist. The General Manager will also work closely with HQ departments to ensure success within Fleet, Operations, and Marketing to ultimately drive usage, revenue, and membership.
Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for forging partnerships and relationships with local businesses, including establishment of corporate accounts and engagement with local transportation and business groups.
- Manage day-to-day communication and collaboration with external stakeholders, including city and state stakeholders, parking providers and employee sourcing providers.
- Responsible for acting as “face” of the company at the location and participating in interviews, conferences and panel discussions to further brand presence in the market.
- Direct 1 fulltime employee, including performance management, building/ maintaining engagement, and fostering an environment of open communication.
- Responsible for articulating company vision and key objectives to team members and creating individually-tailored functions and projects to accomplish these goals.
- Review, verify, and approve location invoices and spends.
Weekly Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in weekly or bi-weekly calls with Regional Director and other General Managers, reviewing prior week’s events and accomplishments, best practices at the location and any other relevant discussion topics.
- Prepare weekly reports that highlight major accomplishments from past week, as well as progress on larger-scale projects. Reporting also includes analysis of weekly revenue/rental/usage/membership statistics and significant patterns or trends. Also highlight areas of concern that may require additional assistance from HQ or Germany.
- Host weekly meetings with employees to review current/previous week’s progress and obstacles, location KPIs and goal tracking and achievements.
- Allocate necessary funds to individual vendor PRs.
- Review annual spend and present updates to HQ management as needed.
- Perform any/all necessary departmental audits.
Monthly and Ongoing Responsibilities Include:
- Lead management of city stakeholders (Department of Transportation/Public Works/Mayor’s Office/Airport Authority), in collaboration with Regional Directors and Business Development Managers.
- Foster and oversee all community engagement activities (neighborhood group meetings, transportation focused community groups, attending/presenting at local conferences, etc.).
- Manage all external parking providers, including providing monthly reports, contract negotiations and vendor relations.
- Assist in the creation, development and implementation of location P & L– including revenue/EBIT projections and fulfillment of location goals.
- Participate in Monthly P&L Review meeting and analyze location P & L. Identify areas for cost containment and revenue generation in immediate and near-term future and execute on agreed-upon ideas.
- Review and analyze monthly ticket + tow report to understand patterns/trends on where we receive bulk or majority of tickets + tows and devise solutions to ameliorate major problem areas and reduce costs.
- Review, monitor and audit overall work performance by third-party contract fleet vendor. Based on analysis, recommend changes to fleet management.
- Oversee ongoing training and/or career development for direct reports.
- Potentially participate in completion of any large-scale fleet projects, including:
- Technology enhancements
- Routine maintenance activity (oil changes, etc.)
As a GM, will you will need:
- 5 – 7 years of experience specializing in Sales, Management, Communications, Business Development, Public Relations, and/or Marketing
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong analytical, presentation, problem solving, project management, and sales skills
car2go is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. car2go is an equal opportunity employer.
Represented by the Board of Management: Dieter Zetsche (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315