Daimler Trucks North America LLC
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Installs, maintains and repairs all electrical equipment and machinery, including power (less than 600v) and lighting systems. Electricians also perform diagnostics and preventative maintenance.
- The primary responsibilities of the journeypersons and apprentices of the electrician trade are as follows:
- Installation includes conduit, control panels, machine tools, generators, transformers, motors, battery chargers, fire watch cables and control panels. (This does not include proprietary systems or equipment)
- General facility electrical maintenance includes testing and repair of lighting and power circuits, cranes and hoists, limit and proximity switches, outside lighting, gate barriers, bear claws and LAN cables.
- General machine electrical maintenance of production equipment as well as welders, heating, electro-magnetic, lathes, mills, grinders, CNC machining centers, gantries and battery chargers. (This does not include UPS or power back up for Information Technology systems)
- Fabrication of brackets, supports and hangers associated with electrical equipment or system installation.
- Responsible for electrical servicing, troubleshooting and repair of test stand and furnace systems and circuitry.
- Responsible for all electrical components and systems on engine carriers.
- Recovery movement and adjustment associated with gantry failures and cat tracks.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of all production equipment cameras.
- Responsible for the HMI screening.
- Common lifting, transport of trade specific material
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- An attached resume is required
- GED or High School Diploma is required
- Technical degree or certificate in manufacturing preferred
- Certified Journeyperson card holder or ability to document 8 years of experience
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Strong Computer/Software skills including M/S Office, Prisma
- Willingness to be cross-functionally trained
- Ability to work any shift assigned
- Ability to work effectively with production teams, engineering, service technicians and management staff
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.