Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For. Mercedes-Benz is USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Excellence’. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
We are looking for a data center architect who supports one of the most critical business functions of our organization and acts as the key technical leader of the vision and strategy for our next generation data center. You are responsible for planning and promoting the transition between on premise and off premise (cloud) in alignment with the sourcing strategy of our parent company Daimler as well as local US and North America regional IT services.
- Assess the current IT infrastructure environment and provide appropriate technical solutions to address business challenges related to data center optimization
- Architect and create complex data center solutions
- Lead the strategic planning of data center IT infrastructure and services with focus on data center transformation and outsourcing initiatives
- Ensure efficient and stable technology and process implementations
- Provide sourcing benchmarking between central, local and cloud platforms
- Ensure alignment between North America regional and Daimler central tools
- Generate operational efficiencies for storage, network and compute
- Responsible for new platform and architecture recommendations and decisions
- Create the roadmap for Hyper Converged Infrastructure
- Overall responsible for the North American regional data center roadmap from technology perspective
- Align processes, tools and architecture with Daimler Global technology teams
- Collaborate with data center network, Windows, LINUX, AIX, and Mainframe teams
- Interface with Automation SMEs and drive automation and efficiencies for Next Generation Data Center
- Drive the Disaster Recovery strategy and ensure alignment with Daimler central strategy
- Develop and execute AIX to Linux transition planning
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) with emphasis in
- Computer/Information Science
- Information Technology
- Management Information System (MIS)
Must have 10+ years (total) of experience in the following:
- Architecting and creating complex data center solutions
- Participating in complex data center transformation and outsourcing initiatives.
- Architecture, design, implementation, operation and maintenance data center solutions.
- Proven experience with the following:
- MS Windows/Linux and back office application (MS SharePoint, MS IIS, MS SQL, MS Exchange, etc.) administration knowledge, including installation, performance tuning, monitoring, and on-going system maintenance tasks
- Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP in a multi-forest and multi-domain model
- Servers, storage, networking, and data archival/backup solutions
- Virtualization experience using VMware products suites
- Cloud Technologies – AWS, GCE, Azure, Etc.
- Industry knowledge and experience in areas such as Software Defined Networking (SDN), IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity.
No Sponsorship Available
Requires valid driver’s license
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Work weekends when required
Work holidays when required
Travel domestically and internationally
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Represented by the Board of Management: Dieter Zetsche (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315