Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S., you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushing technology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatest software, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Mercedes-Benz Seattle Hub is looking for an professional Senior Infrastructure Development Engineer to grow their career at our new office in Seattle. The Infrastructure Development & Automation team are the experts in building and maintaining the infrastructure for web services and applications that support our cloud business. We are systems engineers, infrastructure engineers, Operations Architects and SMEs with opportunities to develop software to support our charter. We are a geo-diverse team, developing an infrastructure platform to ensure operational stability for our software deployments, the development environment and delivery partners in their adoption of cloud based solutions and datacenters for Mercedes-Benz.
- Drive direction and solutions at the team or project level
- Demonstrate key understanding of SDLC, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring & management, automation, component tools, and “devops”-style processes & philosophies
- Effectively communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to give transparency to project statuses, technical solutions, and scope-changing issues
- Contribute to team directions by driving standards, practices, methodologies, and technologies used
- Understand the entire process of designing, provisioning, automation, and testing at a fundamental level
- Provide scalable engineering and supportability deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact
- Demonstrate, through explanation and/or “whiteboard” sessions, fundamental grasp of infrastructure architecture design and workflows
- Effective and demonstrable ability to work and collaborate across an organization on a variety of topics
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5-7 years of working experience in a Service Operations Team or equivalent
- 4+ years of professional experience with DevOps practices on Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, or other), including containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes) and provisioning (Terraform)
- Knowledge of professional Infrastructure Development Engineer engineering practices and best practices for the full process of infrastructure automation, including standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Extensive knowledge of scalability and maintainability, actively identifying potential and current bottlenecks along with technical solutions
- Hands-on expertise with disparate tools and technologies, typically ranging from management and provisioning, through to monitoring software services and all points in between
- Knowledgeable with templating schemes for language, messaging, and globalization of infrastructure systems (generalization)
- Advanced – Expert understanding of Cloud Infrastructure, Redundancies in availability zones, and security best-practices
- Fluency in multiple programming/scripting languages
- An understanding of security fundamentals as they pertain to ecommerce application environments
- Experience managing full application stacks from OS through custom implementations
- Valid US Driver’s License
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or other Major cloud based technologies including administration and scripting of tasks
- Can use VM based infrastructure as substitute skill
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315