Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S., you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushing technology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatest software, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
This center is responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on highly available APIs and services leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the product produced will be launched internationally, impacting the lives of millions of people.
Team lead will guide a team in the end-to-end development and operational support of applications used by millions of people and cloud based services that will enhance their experiences. Design and deliver core software features and services, establish development and operational processes, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
- Design, delivery and support of software based products and services
- Maintenance and migration of pre-existing systems
- Management and mentoring of team of software engineers and operations engineers
- Coordination with overall site leader
- Assist with recruiting and hiring
Education & Experience:
- Computer science or related degree
- 8+ year of overall experience
- 1+ years of leadership
- Solid experience with cloud based service development
- Extensive experience in building, deploying and managing large distributed applications
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD processes & tools
- Experience in hiring
- Ability to set and manage project milestones
- Ability to lead a team in large cross-functional projects
- Experience with operational support of consumer facing cloud based services
- Strong network in Seattle technology community
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315