Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Costumer Research, and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
With the number of connected Mercedes-Benz vehicles on the road increasing daily, the amount of data being generated and its significance is also increasing rapidly. The Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team is looking for passionate and versatile Data Engineers to support with the collection, storage, processing, and analysis of large amounts of vehicle data.
This position will play a key role in the development and deployment of an innovative Big Data Platform for vehicle data processing and advanced analytics. As a Senior Data Engineer on the team, you'll get to define and build the data pipelines that combine vehicle data and third-party content and will enable better, faster, data-informed decision-making. As part of a larger global interdisciplinary team, you will also make strategic decisions that influence the platform and data warehouse architecture.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative group of engineers creating the next generation big data platform that will be accessed and used by hundreds of people across domains within Mercedes-Benz.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Architect and implement the workflows with varying demands of throughput and latency
- Support with the implementation of web services and data focused REST-APIs
- Build and optimize the data pipelines that combine new vehicle data and third-party content
- Define and implement data stores based on customer requirements and system requirements
- Evaluate performance and take steps to optimize all parts of the big data stack and implementation
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience (Bachelors + 2 yrs / Masters + 0 yrs)
- Experience in one or more major programming languages (e.g. Unix shell scripting, Python, Java, Go, etc.)
- Experience in building containerized backend applications and automated deployments.
- Experience working with low latency, high performance stream processing systems.
- Strong expertise with SQL engines and large scale query processing.
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best practices and industry standards.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Valid Driver’s License
- Familiarity with agile development practices.
- Working knowledge of Spring Boot or Spark is a plus.
- Experienced with test-driven development based on Mockito, Maven, Gradle & Junit
- Familiarity with container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Represented by the Board of Management: Dieter Zetsche (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315