Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S., you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushing technology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatest software, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Mercedes-Benz Seattle Hub is looking for an experienced Infrastructure Development Engineer to grow their career at our new office in Seattle. The Infrastructure Development & Automation team are the experts in building and maintaining the infrastructure for web services and applications that support our cloud business. We are systems engineers, infrastructure engineers, Operations Architects and SMEs with opportunities to develop software to support our charter. We are a geo-diverse team, developing an infrastructure platform to ensure operational stability for our software deployments, the development environment and delivery partners in their adoption of cloud based solutions and datacenters for Mercedes-Benz.
- Independently take product design specifications and deliver a well-defined design, implementation, and testable solution
- Demonstrate knowledge of multiple cloud environments and deployment methodologies
- Cultivate relationships with developers, engineers, and other technology partners to understand their infrastructure needs and deliver solutions
- Provide mentorship and technical direction to associate team-members
- Evangelize best practices and methodologies
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and procedures
- Provide scalable engineering and supportability deliverables, resulting in products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact
- Identify potential security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application; Provide technical expertise in identifying issues that affect availability and quality across the software product portfolio.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Bachelor’s degree in another field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- 2-4 years of working experience in a Service Operations Team or equivalent
- 2-4 years of professional experience with DevOps practices
- Fluency in one or more programming or scripting languages, with the ability to review and understand workflow and language. Some level of proficiency in error analysis
- Understanding of the infrastructure lifecycle, from requirements to design, to implementation, testing, environment set-up, multi-phase builds, and deployment approaches
- Understanding of Configuration Management approaches, including tradeoffs involved with different solutions
- Effective experience with Cloud-based Architecture, Services, and Provisioning
- High level proficiency in the CI/CD process, including effective understanding of pipelines, provisioning, testing, and troubleshooting
- Fundamental understanding of IaC (Infrastructure as Code), along with effective experience with at least one tool in this area
- Understanding of instrumentation, logging levels, and system/software troubleshooting
- Advanced understanding of Operating System components
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, with analytical, creative, and innovate approaches to solving problems with the drive to see an issue through to conclusion
- 4+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or other Major cloud based technologies including administration and scripting of tasks
- Can use VM based infrastructure as substitute skill
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315