Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) is a place for exceptional people with outstanding ideas and the absolute willingness to bring them to life. With R&D facilities all over the U.S., you will be surrounded by engineers, software developers, and designers pushing technology boundaries to shape the future wherever you are.
We are not just about cars: we are also about the latest and greatest software, cutting-edge technology, and groundbreaking innovation.
The Seattle Hub will be responsible for innovative software development for the global brand with a focus on highly available APIs and services leveraging cloud technologies. While this center is serving the US market directly, the product produced will be launched internationally, impacting the lives of millions of people.
Here at MBRDNA, you create a digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
Senior Software Engineer will design, develop and maintain various consumer applications and large scale distributed systems. Successful candidates will design and deliver core software features and services to millions of users, coach team members and coordinate with internationally distributed design and development teams.
- Design and delivery of large scale distributed systems
- Maintenance and migration of existing systems
- Mentoring team members
- Assist with recruiting and hiring of team members
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or related degree
- 5+ year of relevant experience
- 1+ years of leadership
- Experience with cloud architecture and micro-services design patterns
- Experience designing scalable, reliable & secure E2E services in cloud environments
- Experience with DevOps teams and culture
- Experience with concepts of API design, load balancing, containerization, disaster recovery and leveraging IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS as appropriate
- Deployment of applications onto systems with multiple versions and generations
- Experience with internationally distributed teams
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315