Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
Who we are
Daimler Trucks Asia is a leading provider of Global Transportation Solutions. Our products are helping to power economic growth in over 170 countries around the world. At the foundation of our success, you will find a diverse workforce of over 15,000 employees across Japan, India, the USA, Australia, South Africa, and other strategic locations, working together as Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation M FTBC (Japan) and Daimler India Commercial Vehicles DICV (India), under the umbrella of Daimler Trucks Asia (DTA).
We are excited about the direction we are leading the Commercial Vehicle Industry from pioneering innovations of electrification, connectivity and digitization of our products into the future; to the way in which we embrace work/life balance, and support diverse career opportunities for our employees.
If you’re looking to make an impact on the Future of Transportation, Daimler Trucks Asia is the place for you!
Description of Department
As part of the Life Cycle Management DTA our department “Product Projects LDT & Change Management Truck Asia” is responsible for leading
- Cross-functional product projects for major changes or full model changes of MFTBC light duty trucks from project planning to market launch
- Change Management for all series products of MFTBC
- Variant Management for MFTBC products
With these tasks we take on the responsibility for the achievement of aligned targets regarding product features, cost, timeline and quality, ensuring the further development of our MFTBC products. We report our results to the top management of MFTBC.
Description of Position
As L4 Manager for Product Projects LDT you will broadly focus on following areas:
- Manage and develop a team with five staff members
- Lead LDT product projects
1. Manage and develop cross-functional project teams
2. Safeguard project target achievement with respect to product properties, cost, timeline and quality
3. Track and report the progress of product projects, coordinating countermeasures in case of plan deviations
4. Report project status to executive management of MFTBC
- Manage LDT OEM projects with NISSAN & UD Trucks
Further tasks may also include other departments’ related topics such as budget tracking, product planning support, Cost reduction activities and coordination of non-product projects.
Education and professional experience
- Several years of experience working for MFTBC or other commercial vehicle manufacturers
- Several years of experience as team manager or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering and/or business administration or similar field
- Technical knowledge regarding commercial vehicles
- Business mind: economical and financial understanding
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Intercultural adjustment competency
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong leadership mind
- MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- English (mandatory)
- Japanese (preferred)
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315