Mercedes-Benz South Africa Ltd
• Integration into a dynamic team building next generation solutions for Daimler globally
• Interact with different Daimler clients, exploring and advising on possibilities and solutions that accomplish their goals
• Agility, flexibility and keen attention to detail in order to manage and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Attention to detail during the development and quality assurance testing of projects.
• You will be joining a team committed to working on high-quality code and will work closely with the new and legacy products to support clients
• Willing to learn new technologies, teach and share knowledge with other team members.
• Project management of all technology development initiatives
• Coach and mentoring of Software Developers and System Engineers
• Promotion of a continuous improvement culture within the team
• Adhere to all guidelines and requirements to ensure compliance standards of quality, security, extensibility etc.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Familiar and comfortable with Agile terminology and teams
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills.
• A technical mind-set and analytical approach
• Great attention to detail
• Good leadership skills
• Proficient in W3C standards
• Proficient in various SQL and NoSQL based Databased Management Systems.
• Proficient in various code management and branching strategies (Git Flow, Feature Branching).
• Proficient in Object Orientated design and programming.
• Proficient in Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate, Entity Framework)
• Ability to build Web API’s using various programming languages Node.JS/.Net (C#)
• Proficient in Domain Driven design concepts
• Proficient in rest API design standards in order to implement them in to Frontend products.
• Extensive knowledgeable and experience in DevOps principles and impact on development lifecycles
- Minimum NQF 7 - BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology , Information Systems Engineering or Computer Science or relevant equivalent
- Certification in Project management would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development
- 3-5 years’ Project Management experience
- At least 6 months participation in our Graduate Development Programme
“Mercedes-Benz South Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- foreign nationals must qualify for a work visa/permit as per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002;
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
- Code of good practice on the employment of people with disabilities”
Closing Date:22 July 2019
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315