Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistance and telematics systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focuses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs team in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Start Date: September 2019, 4-6 month duration, full time 40 hours per week, must commit
The intern will support emobility engineering staff in field of proof of concept charging application development and testing for electrified vehicles.
- Identify and gather information on emerging EV topics
- Support engineering team with test planning and reporting of EV related projects
- Support engineering team with proof of concept eMobility related applications
- Support Project related meeting and minutes
Skills & Requirements:
- Pursuing a Bachelors (within 1 year of graduation), or MS or Phd program in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Minimum GPA 3.5
- Knowledge of electric vehicle operations concepts
- Strong MS Office computer skills to create presentations and reports including developing tools using macros/scripts
- Valid Driver’s License
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Familiar with the following:
- Android or IOS development tools and paradigms (Gradle, Android studio, user interface layout, fragment usage, services...)
- Programming in Java, Node.Js, Python, C#, JSON
- Cloud backend connectivity for mobile app services (Microsoft Azure, Google cloud, Amazon cloud...)
- Web API and Web client software development
- MAtlab script for vehicle data analysis
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315