Daimler Trucks North America LLC
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The Corporate Counsel for Litigation will direct and manage product liability and commercial claims and cases against Daimler Trucks North America, LLC. This will include working with outside counsel in the developing the defense and strategy for the company; directing external investigations; coordinating and responding to discovery; establishing reserves; and negotiating settlements and resolutions.
- Manage claims and lawsuits against Daimler Trucks North America.
- Direct and manage litigation:
- Select local counsel.
- Recommend retention of outside experts.
- Develop defense strategies, present to Associate General Counsel and local counsel.
- Undertake Alternative Dispute Resolution, with focus upon mediation
- Develop cost containment strategies without compromising the quality of defense.
- Coordinate and respond to discovery requests on behalf of Company.
- Evaluate claims and Identify potential product liability claims, assess claims and initiate appropriate actions to settle the claims or defend the
- Company including reviewing new claims.
- Supervising and directing investigations.
- Securing and preserving evidence.
- Negotiating settlements with claimants.
- Selecting and coordinating members of defense teams, internal and external. Analyze and recommend litigation reserves.
- Assist Associate General Counsel in litigation-related matters.
- Assist Associate General Counsel in preventative law-related matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college with 8+ years of related experience required
- Juris-Doctorate degree from an accredited university/college with 6 years of litigation experience required
- Admission to State Bar Association required
- An attached resume is required
- Manage claims and lawsuits against Daimler Trucks North America. Direct and manage litigation required
- Select local counsel. Recommend retention of outside experts required
- Develop defense strategies, present to Associate General Counsel and local counsel required
- Develop cost containment strategies without compromising the quality of defense required
- Coordinate and respond to discovery requests on behalf of Company preferred
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315