Daimler Trucks North America LLC
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Be a core member of the Daimler Trucks Manufacturing Engineering Data Analytics team whose purpose is to ensure availability of manufacturing data and drive business value from this data. The Manufacturing Information Systems (MIS) group works with an exciting array of tools and departments to provide its customers with tools to enhance efficiency answer questions and drive continuous improvement. This role will work closely with customers to gather requirements and develop the best product for the need through agile development and continual interaction with the end user. MIS has flexibility in finding the right solution allowing for an exciting working environment.
- Create tools, process and systems to mine and transform operations data into actionable data analytics solutions.
- Support and implement industrial IOT solutions to advance industry 4.0 in manufacturing.
- Requirements gathering through communication with internal customers, specifically in manufacturing engineering and operations.
- Develop and maintain analytics reports through interaction with customers.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Participate in cross-functional projects with teams from Shop floor, Corporate Operations and IT.
- Work to complete technical reporting and development projects that provide actionable results to our internal operations customers.
- Integrate with process experts for a holistic approach to problem definition, development and solution deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems, or related from an accredited university/college required
- An attached resume is required
- Experience with Tableau or other analytic reporting suites preferred
- Experience with SQL preferred
- Solid communication skills demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audience required
- Experience with Full Stack Web Development preferred
- Ability to map and/or convert data from multiple sources for analysis preferred
- Experience in statistical programming languages (i.e. R or Python) preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315