Daimler Greater China Ltd.
• General Information
China is globally the fastest growing and largest market for Mercedes-Benz passenger cars.
In order to fulfill the needs of the market and provide the best fitting products for China the local production volume as well as the research and development activities are continuously expending.
This is also reflected in the decisions for localization of future engine projects, new pure Electric vehicles and the Implementation of a second engine plant with further capacity for Battery assembly.
The RD Powertrain department (RD C/PT) is part of Daimler Greater China’s (DGRC) Research & Development organization in Beijing.
The department’s scope includes all powertrain related subsections – Design & Mechanics/Validation; E/E hard- & software; engine, exhaust, OBD and drivability calibration.
The Powertrain Design and Mechanics/Validation teams are working hand in hand and are responsible for all powertrain hardware related issues within RD C, including internal combustion engines (ICE), drivetrain and battery/e-drive.
The scope stretches from built to print localization, local plant and field support to a global responsibility for Life Cycle Management (LCM) including production sites in Germany, China and the US.
Other highlights of the teams’ scope are the development of a China sourced battery as well as involvement in various subjects of close collaboration with the RD Powertrain headquarter in Stuttgart - e.g. CN specific testing, CN specific development themes as well as component responsible (BTV) roles.
The two teams consists of each >20 employees of various local Chinese, German and international backgrounds.
- Responsibility for the localization of engine and battery components for different Powertrain projects (in close collaboration with BBAC production plant & Chinese suppliers).
As local component manager for the engine and battery components you are responsible along the entire process chain: Allocation, commission, tool concept, material selection, first parts from series tools, support of try outs, testing, pilot series and buildability tests in the factory, sampling process, SOP, change management in the series process
Ensuring and testing of localization concepts for the industrialization of the powertrain/battery components by taking into account the aspects of technical complexity, technology availability in China, as well as costs and deadlines.
- Worldwide series support for 4 different 4-Cylinder gasoline engine variants
Self-dependent development of measures and "Trouble Shooting" on site in China for worldwide series support in cooperation with other specialist departments and global suppliers.
Continuous improvement and enhancing to meet regulations and project targets through the whole life cycle
- Development of a CN-locally sourced battery
Align, supervise and support component, subsystem and pack validation through different development phases with local battery supplier
Review and evaluate validation reports, assess results and resulting risks
Support analysis onsite at battery supplier
Continuously review and improve validation methods and approaches within own field of responsibility
- Various global development activities for different powertrain projects (e.g. Lead development of components for Combustion engines and Electric vehicles)
China specific and also worldwide Development activities in close cooperation with our customers in the German Headquarter
- Other tasks are:
Optimization and standardization of existing processes, inventing and implementing new processes in order to drive integrate in the global Daimler RD network and to generate efficiencies
Technical RD contact for Daimler internal interfaces and our cooperation partner BBAC
Regular management-level reporting in China and Germany
Collecting Chinese market information in terms of market requirements, resident suppliers and technologies
- Engineering degree (Bachelor/Master), preferred Mechanical or Vehicle engineering
- Enthusiasm for engineering, technology and innovations
- Experience in engine or battery development, focus on troubleshooting, testing, analysis and validation
- Expert/Specialist in powertrain/battery hardware component/system development
- Confident and experienced in supplier- and project management
- Motivated by mastering challenges
- Target oriented, enduring and self-dependent
- Supporting change, flexibility and improvement
- Intercultural interest, open minded and able to adopt
- Enjoying working as a team with young and highly motivated colleagues
- Fluent English
- Willingness for domestic and international business trips
If you are looking for a new challenge, you are an engineer by heart and the possibility of working for the world’s leading luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz excites you – please start your application now!
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315