Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
Important notification: If you have any issues in applying via system, please kindly send your CV to the contact person.
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is an integral part of Daimler Trucks, the world’s largest truck manufacturer. With our FUSO brand, we make up approximately 40% of the Daimler Trucks sales volume with a presence in more than 160 markets worldwide. Since our first bus, we have aspired to bring society and our customers the highest quality of products and services.
By Combining Japanese tradition and the global power of Daimler, Mitsubishi Fuso provides unparalleled experience in a world leading company. This means that you will associate with global business partners every single day.
Description of the Procurement Trucks Asia
The overall mission of the Procurement Office is to identify, select, and contract the best suppliers for the components that are to be assembled and installed on our trucks and busses. Supplier decisions are made following a rigorous selection process where technical, commercial, qualitative, and logistical aspects are scrutinized and thoroughly evaluated.
As part of the global Daimler Trucks purchasing group, synergies at a global level are sought after through a structured collaboration program together with peers in other locations.
About the Team:
Methods, Processes and Tools, Procurement Trucks and Buses, Japan
- Overall mission is to govern and secure adherence to Daimler Trucks worldwide procurement standards in MFTBC Purchasing Office, as well as to provide support and service that enables operative buyers to execute their purchasing tasks efficiently and effectively
- The department works in the areas of Compliance, Contract Management, Process Management, IT Systems Support and Department Training Management
- The department is responsible for formulation of guidelines, methods, tools and templates in the areas mentioned above and their continuous improvement thereof.
Your Roles and Tasks
- Overall responsibility to manage purchasing relevant contracts
- Formulation and maintenance of standard purchase related contract templates
- Support buyers to conclude non-standard contracts, new contract types as well as resolving objections with suppliers (including participation in negotiations – both internal and external)
- Contact person to key stakeholder departments (i.e. Legal, IP, Warranty, Accounting, Production, R&D etc.) and other Daimler locations for contract related topics
- Continuously seek improvement in contract management efficiency be improving and optimizing the “Purchasing Contractual Landscape”.
- Trainer for Purchase Contracts and Subcontractor Act
- Participate in global as well as local projects for contract maintenance and new contract implementation including new IT System implementation for contract management
- Contact person for contract relevant audits
Practical knowledge and experiences
- University degree in Law (expertise in Civil Law and Antitrust Law) – Mandatory.
- Business level English and Jappanese – Mandatory.
- Experience in Contract Management – Essential.
- High command in Microsoft Office applications (especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) – Essential.
- Experience in Automotive industry – Preferred but not Mandatory.
- Experience in Purchasing domain - Preferred but not Mandatory.
Personal skill requirement
- Strong will to succeed and result-driven
- General understanding of common business practices and awareness of risk impacts regarding contract relevant items
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written, and presentation)
- Ability to coordinate and align within and across departments
- Japanese level : Business
- English level : Business
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315