Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
The IT Solution Architect defines and maintains application architectures for Mercedes Benz VANS (MBV) in order to fulfill particular requirements for MBV USA taking into consideration global application harmonization. This includes: A breakdown of the system landscape into components, the component interactions and interfaces (including with the environment, especially the user), and the technologies and resources to be used in the design. Provides operation support for existing mainframe technologies.
- Interfacing with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders, especially the Business Relationship Specialist and relevant CoC’s in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Generating the system architecture requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints.
- Ensuring that this set of requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
- Designing the solution for (evolving) needs ensuring that a maximally robust design is developed and conserving global harmonization.
- Generating a set of acceptance test requirements, together with the test engineers, and the user, which determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
- Ensuring that all architectural artefacts are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Providing operations and change management support (i.e. Mainframe) for incidents related to a particular application and the related environment.
- Contributing actively to the corresponding Center of Competence (CoC) as a Solution Architect.
- Developing and designing of corresponding processes and methods. Collaborating in the definition of globally applicable standards for all VAN locations by defining and describing of applicable tools and systems assuring sustainability towards Industry 4.0 and related technologies.
- Supporting the Global CoC’s with project management/standardization from a local perspective.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or in comparable studies.
- 5 years working in Software Development.
- Profound knowledge of the functionality of a specific application domain and system integration design
- Profound knowledge designing and developing applications
- Experience in working in projects and/or teams
- Good knowledge regarding application development platforms
- Solid knowledge regarding information system architecture
- High degree of responsibility and task ownership
- Analytical thinking
- Willingness for worldwide business travel of variable duration on short-term notice
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Training will be at no charge to trainees.
Successful completion of the training program carries no obligation to accept any offer of employment, nor is an offer guaranteed.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315