Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation
Important notification: If you have any issues in applying via system, please kindly send your CV to the contact person.
- Daimler Trucks Asia (DTA) combines the strengths of two distinct legal entities Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) and Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV).
- This unit allows the entities to collaborate on areas such as product development, production, exports, sourcing and optimizing research and sales & market development activities to provide the best of value products to our customers.
- MFTBC, with more than 80 years of history and DICV, with its fresh and innovative outlook have been integral parts of Daimler Trucks, jointly contributing to more than a third of its sales volumes. DTA, deriving its strengths from both the entities, is the answer to the significantly growing demand for trucks and the different needs of customers around the world.
- DTA has an integrated product portfolio with the traditional FUSO product line for Japan and international markets, the all-new range of FUSO trucks for growth markets and the highly competitive BharatBenz range for the Indian market, together offering unparalleled value to our customers around the world. The Asian production network for DTA is a robust one, consisting of two major hubs in Kawasaki, Japan and Oragadam, Chennai, India.
Corporate Communications Daimler Trucks Asia (DTA)
- The Corporate Communication department is responsible for external PR & Media relations in Japan as well as steering the communication in worldwide markets.
- It is also responsible for Internal Communication for the more than 10.000 employees in Japan and abroad, as well as events and digital communication internal- and externally.
- The close cooperation with the CorpCom teams of the sister-company Daimler India Commercial vehicle (DICV) under one Head, as well as with Daimler Headquarters in Germany and many international markets makes for a highly international working environment.
- Creating Stories, organizing Press Conferences & Interviews, as well as events and Motor shows, and distributing exciting news through various channels are only some of the many exciting tasks that the department is dealing with.
- The DTA Head of Communications has double reporting-line to the President and CEO of MFTBC & Head of Daimler Trucks Asia one the one hand, and to the International Head of CV Communication at Daimler Trucks in Germany on the other hand. The department is therefore embedded into the global Daimler communication network.
Your Roles and Tasks
- Write all speeches, remarks, video scripts, etc. in English for the President and CEO of MFTBC, and Head of DTA
- Produce presentations and slides as per needed in English for the CEO for internal and external purposes
- Liaise directly with the CEO, his executive assistant and the staff of the CEO Office
- Liaise directly with internal stakeholders at all levels in all parts of the company in production of executive communications
- Edit and write articles on DTA topics in English for Daimler global intranet and DTA internal news app
- Keep track of and protect speech/content production processes to ensure efficiency and proper expectations management
- Assist various internal and media-facing communications activities for MFTBC, DTA and Daimler Trucks as needed and as appropriate
Our expectations for candidate:
- Native English communication ability with excellent writing/editing skills (Japanese or German knowledge is an added value but not mandatory)
- Experience writing for corporate or other organizational communications, either internally or externally
- Ability to deal professionally with people of all organizational levels (from interns to CEOs)
- Good design skills with experience making PowerPoint presentations
- High attention to detail, able to carefully check facts and figures as well as follow corporate CI
- Smart and fast learner that is able to quickly gather complex contents and turn it into simple messages
- Stress resistant and able to multi-task
- Experience writing for executives or other organizational leaders, and for large, diverse audiences
- Experience working in large, complex organizations and building strong network
- Affinity and Experience in financial communications/ good understanding for preparation of financial topics in presentations
- Japanese and/or German language skills
- Experience in automotive industry or other manufacturing field
- Keen interest in all Communications topics, willing to constantly learn and improve his/her skills
- Experience in neighboring disciplines (advertising, social media, event, public affairs)
- The position reports to the Internal Communications and Events Manager, MFTBC
- English - Native
- Japanese – Business (preferred, not required)
- German (preferred, not required)
Practical knowledge and experience required
- University degree in either communication, journalism, business or social sciences
- Experience in in-house corporate communications, PR agencies or journalism
- Sound knowledge of all PR Tools and skills, like writing Press Releases, Q&As, Speech guidelines, Online texts, etc.
- High-level ability with MS Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315