Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development is searching for a Chief of Staff to our Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Chief of Staff will work closely with the MBRDNA executive team and executives in Germany. You will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The Chief of Staff acts as liaison coordinating among our executive team, different areas of the business, partners and delegations. You will prepare, attend, and follow up on meetings with department managers, partners and delegations, and generally help to implement the visions of senior executives. This includes assessing and driving technical development projects in critical state to success. We are looking for a highly-organized multi-tasker with excellent communication skills. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in technology and business management (consulting or startup experience is a plus), with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution with little supervision
- Assess, track, and communicate on critical development projects
Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, CEO, and sponsors regarding project updates, proposals, and planning
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with executive management and department leaders
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar field
- 7+ years in engineering or business management
- 2+ years in leadership role
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communication in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile and dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or similar field
- Open-minded, creative individual with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, particularly in global technology trends and developments
- Self- starter with the ability to work under minimal guidance and direction
- Ability to think outside the box and be a problem-solver
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong strategic planning, organizational skills
- Flexibility in demonstrating ability to switch between different priorities
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
- Global experience
- German language skills
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Check out our open jobs here. Learn more about MBRDNA and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315