Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Costumer Research, and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the E-Mobility Group helps to shape the future of the North American market for hydrogen fuel cell and battery electric vehicles. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
HD maps are an integral part for self-driving cars. They are still the most reliable sensor that exists for automated driving. Especially in urban areas HD maps represent a dense selection of features for semantic interpretation and localization. The self-driving car needs to understand these features to navigate and make behavior decisions. The Software Architect for HD maps will develop production software for the in-vehicle maps components that enables the car to drive automated in urban areas.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Deliver automotive grade in-vehicle map software
- Contribute to software process certifications like ISO and ASPICE
- Develop map system architecture within the automated driving project
- Bachelor or Master in Mechatronics, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, EE, geomatics or equivalent
- Expert knowledge in HD map systems and algorithms
- Expert knowledge in geometry generation and coordinate transformations
- Experience with digital road maps, GNSS or GIS systems
- Experience with multi-layer map data structures
- Hands-on experience in building automotive grade software
- Strong expertise in driver assistance systems or autonomous driving
- Experience in agile function development and software architecture
- Knowledge about certifications like ASPICE and ISO26262
- Actively coding in C++
- Experience with GPU computing
- Hands-on experience in software development for distributed, real-time systems
- Already shipped production projects in automotive domain.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315