Daimler Trucks North America LLC
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future!
The candidate for the Boiler Operator shall have the following qualifications, in a heavy industrial manufacturing back ground with no less than 8 years of experience.
Power house operation of a Wicks 40,000 lbs./ hr and two 60,000lbs/hr Babcock’s/Wilcox high pressure boilers and 1 O&S Fire tube 15lb max low pressure boiler in a remote building. Including turbine non-condensing. Must be physically able to perform refractory repairs on the internal fire box of several boilers including the entrance into the confined spaces following all LOTO and confined space safety procedures. Must be qualified to operate and re-generate two sets of 80,000 gallon rated sodium zeolite water softeners including the maintain and perform additions of Resins and Quartz media and possible confined space entrance into each unit. While also tracking the usage of salt brine in sub grade pits and recommend the reordering of up to 20 tons of washed rock salt on an annual basis. Must qualified to operate and maintain condensate return pumps (split case) pump motor combination and pressure powered pumps and conduct the inspection both internally (confined space) and external condensate return tanks as well as the DA (de-aeration ) tank 6,000 gallon rated (confined space.) Must conduct boiler water and feed water tests on any shift including the addition of controlled chemicals into mixing tanks for the treatment of makeup water. IE Sulfite, Amines, Polymers and Sodium Hydroxide (caustic)
Ability to receive and place diesel fuel oil orders including the daily measurements of eight 30,000 gallon tanks in a restricted entry flammable liquids tank farm containing up to 120,000 gallon capacity.
Possess a working knowledge of basic computer skills and have the ability to draft new reports as well as make additions to reports in MS Office and Email.
Be able to work all 3 shifts, 7-day operation schedule (include holidays.) Willing to work on rotation schedules, in excess of 8 hour shifts and cover others’ absence and time-offs.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Attached resume required
1. Operate one (1) Wicks 40,000 lbs./hr rated and two (2) 60,000lbs/hr rated Babcock’s/Wilcox high pressure boilers and one (1) O&S Fire tube 15 lbs. max low pressure boiler in a remote building.
2. Inspect, dismantle, clean and repair the aforementioned units including the internal physical inspection of the Steam Drum and Fire Box which involves the ability to enter (confined spaces). Following all safety precautions including LOTO and confined entry air monitoring.
3. Conduct boiler water and feed water tests on any shift including the addition of controlled chemicals into mixing tanks for the treatment of makeup water, i.e., Sulfite, Amines, Polymers and Sodium Hydroxide (caustic.)
4. Receive and Place fuel oil orders including the daily measurements of eight 30,000 gallon tanks in a restricted entry flammable liquid tank farm containing up to 120,000 gallon capacity.
5. Conduct daily readings and create logs on steam loads, water usage, gas usage and efficiency of each boiler in operation.
6. General cleaning and housekeeping of the boiler plant, boiler and control booth.
7. Regenerate two sets of 80,000 gallon rated sodium zeolite water softeners including the maintaince and additions of Resins and quartz media and possible confined space entrance into each unit. Tracking the usage of salt brine in sub grade pits and the reordering of washed rock salt on an annual basis.
8. Operate and maintain a 72.5 hp steam turbine for boiler feed water pump.
9. Operate and maintain (2) feed water pumps rated at 50 and 10 hp respectively.
10. Operate and maintain 7.5 hp city water booster pumps.
11. Operate and maintain (3) 20 hp condensate return pumps (split case) pump motor combination and pressure powered pumps and conduct the inspection both internally (confined space) and external condensate return tanks as well as the DA (de-aeration) tank 6,000 gallon rated (confined space.)
12. Basic computer skills and a working knowledge to draft reports and make additions to reports in MS Word and MS Excel and Email.
Requires a State of Michigan / City of Detroit High Pressure or higher
Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315