Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc.
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focuses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Job Introduction: (Primary purpose of this position)
Innovative products begin with talented, and highly motivated individuals. That’s why we are looking for a customer-oriented and open-minded IT leader. As Senior Manager IT Infrastructure and Operations, you will drive the strategy and ensure first class IT operations across all MBRDNA locations. Your team will be instrumental to enable our demanding business units by providing first and second level support as well as ensuring proper infrastructure services and operations with zero escalations. As part of an agile IT leadership team, you will also help explore new working models and solutions to boost our digital transformation. Constant exchange of knowledge with the IT Infrastructure departments in Germany will be an integral part of your work.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
• Oversee and direct the day-to-day IT operations and ensure that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely across all locations
• Deep dive into technical details and be hands on when needed
• Ensure that all our IT operations processes are executed in a customer centric and service oriented manner
• Own and stay within capital and operational budget for your area of responsibility
• Maintain and build trusted relationships with all business units and other shared services departments
• Establish new cooperation models with external and/or Daimler internal managed service providers to constantly increase efficiency of IT Operations
• Ensure full compliance with Daimler AG policies and local legislations
• Team Objectives and key results (OKR) are defined, discussed and completed on a quarterly base
• Make Service Owners successful by providing strategic input and guidance
• Individual development plans for each of your team members are in place and fulfilled
• Cultivate an inclusive, positive and respectful working environment within IT and throughout MBRDNA
Minimum level of education required and required field of study:
- Bachelors’ Degree in preferably computer science, management information systems, electronic or mechanical engineering, or a related technical field
Minimum skills required :
• 12+ years of relevant professional experience with progressively increasing responsibility in IT infrastructure and a minimum of 5+ years managing IT infrastructure and support functions
• Extensive and proven operational experience effectively evaluating, designing, implementing, and managing IT services like Helpdesk, Request/Incident Management, Service Provisioning, Lifecycle and Asset Management, IT back end systems operations (SCCM, JAMF, Windows and Mac distributed environment)
• Strong knowledge in IT Infrastructure (network architecture, storage and back up services, physical and virtual server operations)
• Good understanding of Office 365 in a corporate environment
• Proven record in a similar international position and strong experience in managing international projects
• Track record in managing and developing high performing teams
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Additional language skills are beneficial
Will accept equivalent work experience in lieu of formal education
Combination of Degree and Years of experience acceptable (minimum) :
Bachelors + 12 yrs / Masters + 8 yrs / PhD + 5 yrs
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Check out our open jobs here. Learn more about MBRDNA and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315