Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Job Description: Data Scientist
Education & Training
• Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics
• 7 to 9 years of experience in executing data-driven solutions to increase efficiency, accuracy, and utility of internal data processing.
• Experienced at creating data regression models, using predictive data modeling, and analyzing data mining algorithms to deliver insights and implement action-oriented solutions to complex business problems.
• Proficient knowledge in statistics, mathematics and data analysis
• Excellent understanding of business operations and analytics tools for effective analysis of data
• Experience on optimized data collection procedures and generate reports.
• Experience on building predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
• Experience in designing complex reports such as Drill-down, Drill-through, Cascading, Matrix, cross tab and Map reports using Power BI or Tableau
• Expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
• Systematic problem-solving approach with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
• Primary Skills
• Strong hold of concepts in Statistics
• Strong programming skills in R, Python, Java
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
• Proficient with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL and Cassandra running huge volumes of data
• Proficient in with SQl Databases like MSSql, Postgres.
• Have a good exposure to Azure Analytics Products like, Data Factory, HD Insights, Azure Data Lake Storage, Data Bricks.
• Experience on different data visualization tools like PowerBI , Tableau.
• Secondary Skills
• Tools - Qliksense , Tableau
• Kusto Query Language
• Supporting the analytics needs of business by analyzing data from multiple sources
• Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
• Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
• Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
• Support in collecting, organizing, and interpreting data along with fellow colleagues.
• Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
• Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
• Combine models through ensemble modeling
• Present information using data visualization techniques
• Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
• Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and providing support for Application Performance Monitoring and Instrumentation with the primary focus on AppDynamics and Azure Monitor.
- Help define and implement best practices for Production Application Management monitoring
- Assist engineers with production Infrastructure Monitoring
- Ability to develop necessary POCs & POVs in sandbox/testing environment
- Ability to support setup and configuration of the APM tool
- Assist in building an APM Centre of Excellence
- Operating system and server architecture knowledge of UNIX/Windows/virtual systems
- Assist development teams with application and server troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Programming automation (VBA /VB.Net, JAVA or major scripting languages such as Perl and Python, Unix/Linux shell scripts)
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315