Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK Limited
At Mercedes-Benz, our aim is to deliver the best, or nothing. Our people create a real customer focus, delivering customer delight through our products and services. Ours is a friendly, collaborative and fast moving business where we work together to deliver great things and thrive in an environment which encourages innovation and supports personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Technician to be based at our Chelsea Site. Keeping our customers on the road is critical, and to do so we must continue to offer a fantastic service to minimise disruption to their lives.
As a SystemsTechnician, you will play a crucial role in making this happen. No two days will be the same as you work exclusively on Mercedes-Benz vehicles, undertaking repair work to the highest possible standards of workmanship. Whether it be replacing a set of brakes, steering or suspension components, or carrying out more complex fault diagnosis, you will enhance customer satisfaction by getting them on the road as quickly and safely as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the number one premium automotive brand as we continue to grow – if you are looking for a challenging but fun role in a great business offering market leading professional and personal development, click apply now.
Please note the working hours for this position are 40 hours per week including working Saturday mornings on a rota basis.
The main focus of this position is to carry out work instructions received via job cards. You will need to ensure you work to BER service schedules and quality standards at all times in respect of all work undertaken.
As a Systems Technician, you will have access to state of the art tools and diagnostic equipment to assist you with dealing with reported problems. You will be responsible for investigating and resolving these problems – senior staff will be on hand to support and advise on more complex issues.
After safety, customer service is the number one priority – at all times you will need to ensure that customer’s vehicles are cared for and returned in excellent condition for handover. On the few occasions that customer complaints are received, you will deal with them promptly and effectively, referring to the Service Team Manager if they remain unresolved.
Other key responsibilities in this role include:
- Reporting any additional work or parts required for authorisation to continue
- Maintaining tools and equipment ensuring they are kept in good order and that any problems are immediately notified for action
- Completing the necessary documentation in respect of warranty work
- Labelling and safekeeping of all warranty exchange parts until they are handed over for warranty claims to be made
- Passing work as satisfactory on the completion of each job ensuring that all tasks have been completed and tested, ensuring the job is clocked accurately
- Maintaining the work bay and ensuring the surrounding areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition
- Ensuring all company and trade association policies, procedures and minimum standards are met and all statutory requirements including trading standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to at all times
- Providing exceptional service to all internal and external customers and suppliers maintaining the Mercedes-Benz brand excellence at all times
- Undertaking mobile breakdown duties on a rota basis as required
We are looking for an experienced technician who is looking for a new challenge, working for a brand that is at the forefront of technology and innovation.
You will need the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role and environment, ideally within a franchise dealership
- City and Guilds Motor Repair/BTEC/NVQ or equivalent qualification
- Previous attendance on product and skill training courses
- A valid MOT license – this would be an advantage however it is not essential
- Full and clean driving licence
Aside from an excellent salary and bonus structure, which rewards personal and business success, you will be able to drive your own Mercedes-Benz through our discounted Employee Lease Car Scheme. You will also receive access to our excellent pension scheme as well as discounts on holidays, shopping, insurances and lots more.
Once you hit apply, there is a short, 10 minute application form to complete. Please ensure you attach your current CV when applying alongside an indication of your salary expectations. The Mercedes-Benz recruitment process reflects our obligations under relevant UK legislation. Whilst all applications are carefully considered, we are only able to progress applications from candidates who have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315