Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
Mercedes-Benz is USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
Within “Project 85+”, a technical field measure to be deployed and managed for both Van and Passenger Car divisions, the Business Process Compliance Analyst, with report to the Risk Manager, will execute continuous risk assessments of aftersales work stream/packages of Project 85+, evaluating risks and identifying mitigating measures to counter those risks. Will consolidate risk assessment with that of the technical portion of Project 85+ (led by RD/PD at Daimler AG HQ) to report overall risk assessment to Risk Manager and Project Director. Will provide, as required and directed by the Project Director, cross-functional (to maintain independence) support to the project and line functions to operationalize mitigating measures.
• Execute risk assessment process for Project 85+, which includes the identification of risks/issues with regard to the fulfillment of obligations prescribed in final legal agreements, estimate their likelihood of occurrence and support Controlling in quantifying the financial impact on the company.
• Suggest continuous improvements in the risk assessment process and measurement methodology to assure compliance of project deliverables with legal obligations and quality standards defined in corporate obligations
• Conduct and document regular risk assessments through a series of structured interviews, and analysis of data, with responsible internal stakeholders (incl. proactive challenging of stakeholders and providing an ‘independent’ perspective on the status of business process compliance as a result of those evaluations)
• Document and prioritize identified risks and raise them to the attention of the Risk Manager and/or Project Director
• Collaboratively, with the respective Work stream/package owners, develop and document mitigation measures required to actively mitigate identified risks,
• Contribute to preparation of regular risk and mitigation reports tailored to the various corporate stakeholders (company management, project steering committee, project director) to create transparency on current risk position and mitigating measures
• Prepare content for varied reports to stakeholders (company management, project steering committee, project director) on the results of the above referenced risk reports; including presentation of same to the Risk Manager and Project Director
• Maintain a high risk awareness amongst staff by reinforcing key risk messaging in all interactions as well as creating awareness of any potential violations
• Be an advisor to Project Management, work stream/package leads and staff regarding interpretation of the various legal agreements/terms and how these translate into risk factors
• Provide cross-functional (not in same area of accountability) support to other project needs, operational implementation, etc. as defined and/or supported by the Project Director
• Prepare documents and analyses in a manner, and with a quality, that ensures audit readiness; assess the deliverables of other Project work packages to ensure the same level of quality and audit readiness
- Prior experience in audit, technical/process compliance or business process quality management
- Experience working in small teams
- Ability to maintain an ‘independence’ of thought and decision within a collaborative team environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills – able to breakdown complexity into digestible and communicable parts
- Strong network within MBUSA beneficial – particularly in aftersales; contacts in R&D and Quality Management (QM) a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal as well as written)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills as well as an eye for details
- Technical/Aftersales/Audit/Compliance/Legal background required
- Market/automotive industry knowledge and experience in the USA market preferred
Degree in Business Auditing/Management//Science/Statistics/ Engineering/Law required
Postgraduate degrees not mandatory, but beneficial
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315