Mercedes-Benz Manhattan, Inc.
The mission of the Mercedes-Benz Manhattan Customer Care Specialist is to ensure all in-bound service and sales calls and emails are answered efficiently and returned promptly and professionally, using Customer Care Specialist scripts and guidelines, as necessary.
What will I be doing?
As a Customer Care Specialist, you will offer customers an effortless experience by assisting the customers with their needs, questions or concerns, including but not limited to, scheduling service appointments / service pricing requests / scheduling new, pre-owned vehicle or lease return appointments / answering product/service inquires / answering questions regarding a new or pre-owned vehicles / sales inquiries / technical literature inquiries / parts orders / parts queries / customer relations questions / roadside assistance requests / survey questions / queries regarding recall, manufacturer new vehicle limited warranty and extended limited warranty questions.
- Utilize needs assessment process to accurately determine the correct and expeditious course of action for each customer
- Make prospecting calls to potential sales and service customers
- Forward warm transfers to specific Sales Consultants or Service Advisors and locate Sales Consultant to take incoming leads
- Follow-up on open customer issues to ensure closure where appropriate
- Escalate customer issues to Customer Experience Case Manager to help resolve customer concerns
- Cross-train on Sales, Service, Collision Center, and Parts areas
- Maintain a current knowledge of current marketing coupons, direct mail pieces, and specials of the dealership. Stay apprised of sales and service promotions, incentives, deal structures and guidelines in order to offer pertinent information to customers regarding available product and service programs offered by MBM
- Accurately document and update customer/vehicle information in sales and service information systems, ensuring complete recording of customer contact with corrections and updates as required
- Consistently maintain daily, weekly and monthly goals that correspond to the objectives of the dealership
Customer Care Specialist may be required to perform other job related responsibilities in order for the department to achieve its goals.
What are we looking for?
MBM’s mission is to provide a consistently outstanding brand and customer experience through consistently outstanding preparation, attitude and teamwork. Our purpose is to create an effortless experience by providing ease and convenience in all our interactions with others. In order to achieve our goals and be part of our team the following values must drive you:
- Passion- We are passionate about the brand and the team we represent. And we love what we do, infusing excitement by offering inspiring experiences to our customers and colleagues.
- Respect-We respect ourselves and others and act selflessly for the good of the team and the good of our customers.
- Integrity-Our colleagues and customers can trust us – we take responsibility for what we say , what we do and what we represent.
- Discipline- We are committed to delivering the highest quality of work while remaining focused and aligned with our company goals and strategies.
- Enthusiasm- We are looking for enthusiasts not employees. We consistently express positivity in how we work and what we do. We look forward to the future and changing it for the better- together.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Dedication to Communication
- Strategically Inclined
- Emotional Intelligence
What will it be like to work for Mercedes-Benz Manhattan?
We represent an extraordinary brand and fulfilling our founders’ promise to deliver ‘the best or nothing’ requires the efforts and talents of many exceptional people. We strive to make our workplace one in which individuals feel challenged, fulfilled, and able to reach their full potential.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Support, Call Center, or Business Development Center
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends or on-call
- Must be friendly, articulate, enthusiastic, and self-motivated team player with outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal), a positive attitude, and an excellent work ethic
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of all Mercedes-Benz products and operation codes.
- Maintain a professional code of conduct at all times
- Able to commute into and out of Manhattan/New York City on a daily basis
Please Note: Applicants for this position may be asked to complete an online assessment and an online interview screening. The assessments assist us in evaluating your potential and capabilities in your professional work - and will help to support your candidacy for this position.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315