Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC
Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
Develop, implement, and improve Paint shop system for the new Mercedes-Benz Paint Shop. Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication and paint materials, focusing on designated paint shop processes. Confer with equipment and material supplier.
- Apply installation knowledge of common automotive Paint technologies and Paint shop systems. Confer with line builder; soliciting observations from technical experts & benchmarking with other Van plants worldwide.
- Technical approval of large equipment/installations while planning workplaces with ergonomics in mind.
- Develops best practices to improve production capacity, quality and reliability
- Manage the implementation of continuous improvement processes for efficiency to create a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Investigates problems, analyzes root causes and derives resolutions. Will use 8D Problem Solving Process to ensure sustainable quality products.
- Develops operational strategies to achieve production and financial objectives.
- Assures product and process quality by designing complex testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Participates in budget preparation and monitor expenses and profitability.
- Writes spec books; requests and evaluation of supplier quotations.
- Plans, Designs, documents, and implements medium to large-scale manufacturing processes. Determines feasibility of product changes
- Monitors maintenance and repair services. Coordinates with Production & Maintenance functions for shutdown activities.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Identifies opportunities to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, and product design.
- Periodically ensures that highly technical equipment meets required specifications and high quality standards.
- Implements cost reduction initiatives while maintaining high quality standards.
- Resolves moderately complex technical and operational problems by applying standard procedures and recommends production improvements.
- Contributes to product and process quality design testing methods.
- Develops planning standards, methods, and procedures.
- Stays current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Provides guidance to team members to accomplish production goals; Provides guidance to less senior manufacturing engineers.
- Proposes and manages medium-scale projects from beginning to end.
- Preparation of technical analyses and higher- level upper management presentation.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant degree required. 5+ years of relevant experience, supporting automotive Paint Shop strongly preferred.
- Experience in installation and running of equipment and process in Automotive Paint Shops strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Methods (especially painting) procedures and process technology strongly preferred.
- Proven written and verbal communication at all levels within the organization with good negotiation skills.
- Intercultural competencies to build productive work relationships.
- Paint shop Greenfield/ Brownfield start up experience preferred.
- Knowledge of paint technologies including Pretreatment and Electro-coat is a plus.
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315