Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Systems Engineer/Analyst for Parking/Driver Assistance Systems
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development, India is seeking Systems Engineer with a strong technical background in the areas of Active Parking Assist/ Driver Assistance functions. A Role that is responsible for all aspects of system/Feature development following a defined Product development Lifecycle processes.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- System Owner: End to End System/Feature responsible.
- Requirement Elicitator/Analyst: Work Closely with Business and gather requirements for the feature. Define, Manage Product requirements in DOORs along with Interfaces. Understand functional and Non Functional requirements ( performance , Scalability etc)
- Problem Solving : Define Fail safe product strategies including the Interface ECUs
- Stakeholder Mgmt.: Work with the system supplier to fulfill functional requirements. Present feature relevant Technical solutions to the Customer ( Carline Mgmt , Sales , RD Mgmt , etc )
- Product Validation : Conduct system and vehicle tests for functional validation of system
- Troubleshooting / RCA: Analysis of Defects and propose solutions, Task force participation and finding solutions collaboratively in the fast and systematic manner-using problem solving techniques.
- Regulations Compliant Systems: As a System Engineer, it is the responsibility that the System/Feature complies to the regulations of the land.
- Design/Cost Optimization : Responsible for any kind of Design optimization and cost optimization of the product (SW/HW)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communication/Electrical and Electronics/Computer Science
- 3 years of experience in Automotive domain
- Vehicle knowledge (viz : ABS,EPS,ESP,ACC … )
Key Skills and Experience:
- Automotive System Engineering and Embedded Software Development
- Exposure to Autosar.
- Exposure in one of the following areas - Park Assistant systems , Ultrasonic sensors, Camera, Radar, Lidar based assistance systems
- Knowhow in Camera/ Image quality/ HMI / Ultrasonic sensors / Parking systems /Object Detection / Cluster Tracking - Preferred
- Vehicle/HiL/Bench integration tests for functional validation
- Requirements Elicitation and Management activities – in IBM DOORs
- CAN & FLEXRAY/Ethernet protocol knowledge
- Electrical Systems Knowhow and debugging skills
- Knowledge of Diagnostic protocols : UDS , KWP
- Usage of Vector CAN tools – CANOE , CANAPE
- Test Specification preparation, Test case execution and Test Automation.
Preferred Skills :
- Exposure to Parking Assistance / Driver Assistance systems – Preferred
- Usage of ADAS tools for test data / video analysis
- Exposure to ISO26262 Functional Safety standards & ASPICE
- Knowledge of LIN , MOST Protocols
- Understanding of problem solving techniques and RCAs
- 8D, FMEA , 5 Why , Fish Bone analysis
- Diagnostic protocol UDS , CANdela Tool Usage
- Good communication skills and ability to work in & contribute as a good team player
- Experience in the automotive field and exposure of multi-cultural environment is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in German language preferred
- Vehicle driving Skills – Mandatory
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315