Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
Mercedes-Benz USA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
The Process Improvement Specialist is responsible for providing engineering expertise to the Parts Distribution Centers (PDC) by improving end-to-end material flow, designing systematic layouts, optimizing space utilization, and leading continuous improvement initiatives. This role provides analysis to leadership to ensure that operational processes are efficient, cost-effective, and of highest quality to meet customer requirements and strategic objectives.
- Leads cross-functional teams tasked with identifying and eliminating inefficiencies within layout, process, and material flow to ensure the most cost-effective and quality design.
- Designs storage locations to maximize the PDC’s available cubic space to reduce labor and material handling costs while utilizing optimal WMS configurations.
- Leads all Lean Management initiatives across Home Office and North America PDC Network teams including training, sponsoring, and facilitating of continuous improvement workshops to improve end-to-end supply chain inefficiencies.
- Responsible for all Environmental Health & Safety and Dangerous Goods initiatives by identifying and resolving noncompliant processes within PDC.
- Collaborates with international and domestic leadership teams to support ad-hoc process improvement and standardization opportunities that ensure the most effective and efficient processes.
- Represents the PDC as a liaison for understanding unique site infrastructure, storage system configurations, and planning for all business unit and IT integration projects.
- Develops PDC productivity targets by analyzing operational parameters and communicating recommendations to leadership teams.
- Manages large-scale strategic initiatives across all project planning phases including initiation, planning, execution, and closure that add value to internal and external customers.
- Calculates cycle time using work measurement techniques, determines standard work, and communicates the results to leadership teams to enhance daily labor planning tools.
- Evaluates alternative and emerging warehouse technologies and their potential benefits to quality, productivity, and safety to the North America PDC Network.
- Must have at least 5-7 years of demonstrated experience in the following:
- AutoCAD/Solidworks modeling, Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and MS Project)
- Understanding of warehouse processes (receiving through shipping), external systems that may interface with the WMS, and peripheral interface devices (RF, printers, etc.).
Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in:
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (Preferred)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315