Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
System Integrator – Infotainment Head Unit
Our team at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development, India works on the new intuitive and intelligent infotainment system, MBUX– Mercedes Benz User Experience. We develop API interfaces as an abstraction layer for various MBUX functions and functions and features to support autonomous driving. We do a lot of development activities on advanced engineering topics showcasing the new features and technologies that can be included in our future products. Extending the entertainment to rear passengers, we are involved in software development for rear seat entertainment (RSE) too. We are completely responsible for the infotainment system component as a product and responsible to achieve the quality KPIs of our product in the field. These development activities are ably supported by our testing team which uses the latest technologies and methods for automated testing.
We are now seeking a senior engineer for the role of System Integrator with a strong system and vehicle electronic systems knowledge to work in the area of Infotainment system (MBUX) for Mercedes Benz cars.
- 5-8 years of experience in Embedded systems software and 3-4 years of relevant experience in Automotive domain(preferably with infotainment systems)
Education & Training
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication/Electrical Engineering or in a relevant stream.
- You will be responsible for the Release Planning & managing the Telematics (Infotainment System) software release milestones.
- You will be responsible for managing & interacting with test houses of all markets and planning the quality gates, test drives & test on bench.
- You will be responsible for preparation and release of variant coding for the software.
- You will be responsible for defect management & defect tracking.
- You will conduct and coordinate software maturity meetings & system integration meetings.
- You will be responsible for test bench maintenance & vehicle Software preparation/maintenance.
- You will be responsible to maintain the documentation of release configuration.
- You have very good knowledge in automotive system engineering and software/component testing.
- You have played the role of a Test Lead /Test manager /Test Coordinator with Tier 1 supplier or OEM.
- You are aware of component software development processes.
- You have very good knowledge of Automotive Infotainment Systems.
- You have very good knowledge vehicle network & communication.
- You have excellent communication and team working skills.
- You possess a valid driving license for cars.
- German language skills are highly desirable
- Exposure to multi-cultural environment, working experience in Germany is an added advantage
- Tools: MS Office, Project planning tools and Databases.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315