Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Poland sp. zo. o.
- Manage of customer and internal complaints for in-house assembled engines.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance for all issues pertaining to the quality of the engines.
- Use the relevant quality tools/systems to analyze data and deal with non-conformance.
- Support delivery of qualified parts to the engine assembly lines.
- Lead root cause analysis and defining measures for failure avoiding.
- Ensure execution and evaluation of quality actions according to 8D methodology.
- Daily participation in production and quality internal meetings.
- Alert production management, machine operators, and supervisors about quality problems, discovered in the assembly operations.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, and test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports. Assist in process certification.
- Support the transition of new variants into regular production.
- Conduct internal quality audits.
- Lead or participate in teams focused on delivering quality improvements.
- Interface with supplier quality representatives concerning quality assurance of supplier parts and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Visit customer sites, as required, in the event of a quality complaint.
- Represent the own area of competence to other internal and external customers.
- Creation and implementation of new concepts and processes for Complaint Management in cooperation with an external Service Provider.
- Exchange experience with other quality engineers across locations within Daimler AG.
- Create analyzes and report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Fulfillment of given targets and ensuring Quality Standards. Compliance with guidelines and other regulations and standards.
- Education: Mechanical/Electrical Engineering studies or vocational training in Quality Management
- Experience: More than 2 years in quality department in international environment
- Fluent Polish and English and wherever applicable German
- Competences: corporate policy; ability to work within and lead team structure including influence without authority, make decisions and solve problems; ability to solve a problem utilizing 8-D process; ability to plan, organize and prioritize work; ability to obtain and process information, analyze quantitative data, create and edit written reports; ability to interpret product drawings (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) and technical standards; good facilitation skills; self-dependence and flexibility engagement and high degree of proactivity.
Represented by the Board of Management: Ola Källenius (Chairman), Martin Daum, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Wilfried Porth, Markus Schäfer, Britta Seeger, Hubertus Troska, Harald Wilhelm
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Commercial Register Stuttgart, No. HRB 19360
VAT registration number: DE 81 25 26 315